Making up school lunches for your kids be a challenging thing…..trying to get your kids to eat healthy foods, making sure they are not hungry and ensuring they have the right foods to keep their concentration level up throughout their school day.
Why is what you put in the lunchbox so important?
- Childhood obesity is on the rise! Irish children as young as 7 are wearing adult sized uniforms to school and it has come to light that 1 in 5 children are classified as obese. Obesity related diseases like type 2 diabetes are on the rise.
- Children need to know the difference between healthy food and unhealthy food. What is a “treat food” and what foods are vital for health. By avoiding unhealthy foods in lunch boxes we are sending the message that foods like fruit, vegetables, brown bread and yoghurts are better for you than chocolate bars and crisps.
- Deficiencies are avoided by including a range of different foods in your child’s lunch box, from fish, to vegetables, whole grain, fruit and dairy.
Click to read more
I will be giving lunch box tips instore on Aug 25th Come along to get tips and tricks to help:
- Combat fussy / picky eating Nutrition information to help you make better choices
- Walk away with two weeks of healthy, nutritious lunchbox menu choices
- Lots of healthy food for your kids to try
This event is FREE OF CHARGE, however with numbers limited; book early to avoid disappointment. Call Whelehans at 04493 34591 to book your free place.